Hospital Management Software
Hospital Management Software plays an important role in simplifying the workflow of hospitals by digitizing the entire operations of a hospital.
1. What is the important criteria to be looked in a Hospital Management Software?
The success of a hospital Management system lies mainly on user-friendliness. Then only the implementation and training becomes seamless and the users in all departments of a hospital can relate their day to day work with the software.
Such a user friendly software can be delivered by a team consists of health care professionals, a company in healthcare domain, has close connection with every type of staff in a hospital so that they can understand their ability.
2. What are all the advantages of having a Hospital Management ?
The overall advantages of the HMS are: Erroneous is greatly reduced, Customer (Patient) satisfaction increases and thus foot fall increases, Ecofriendly green system implemented by reports/ results / information are moved digitally than in a paper, dashboards help the hospital management to a greater extent.
3. What are the main functions of Management Software?
HMS has mainly 3 functions such as Clinical Modules, Administration modules and Back office Modules.
4. What is the significance of Clinical Modules of a Management Software?
The Clinical module of this system is patient centric that can be further separated into Front office and Doctor’s Modules.
- Front office module deals with patient appointment, registration, Visits, Visit types, online appointments.
- Doctor’s Module deals with Case Notes, Prescriptions, Admission Charts, Treatments, Operation Notes, and Discharge Summaries. The clinical part eases out the tasks for consultants thus doctors spend more time with patients and able to consult more patients in a given time.
5. What is the significance of Administration Modules of a Software?
Administration module of Hospital Management system handles the back office information such as Accounts, Insurance Billing & reconciliation, Corporate Billing & reconciliation, Masters of all the services, Wards, Consultants, etc.
This module also has the MIS reports and Dash Boards for the Hospital Management. With these MIS reports and Dash board, the hospital management can take a quick decision on the business front.
6. What is the significance of Back office Modules of a Hospital Software?
Any business needs a back office support for smooth functioning of the establishment.
Few of the back office modules are Stores & Inventory, Asset management, Equipment Management, Human resource management, and so on.